Theories & Backgrounds
The way we look at Participatory Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation (PPM&E) is as
This has a reason. Over the last years, there is a growing demand / interest for:
- More focus on the outcomes and impact of development investments.
- Forms of M&E that better support management and engage stakeholders in participatory learning processes.
- Process orientation and capacity development
Therefore a new approach to M&E is needed that is an integral part of project management, in which stakeholders participate and learning takes place, to create real impact.
This website is developed by IAC. Our objectives to PPM&E - Managing and Learning for Impact are to:
- help build the capacity of individuals and organisations to effectively implement PPM&E systems (courses, advisory services, evaluation).
- contribute to innovation in the field of PPM&E / managing and learning for impact.
- provide practical web based resource materials, experience sharing and learning with this PPM&E resource portal.
* Guijt, I, Woodhill, J. 2002. Managing for Impact in Rural Development. A Guide for Project M&E. International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), Rome. http://www.ifad.org/evaluation/guide/index.htm