M&E Matrix and Plan
The M&E Matrix is a table describing the performance questions, information gathering requirements (including indicators), reflection and review events with stakeholders, resources and activities required to implement a functional M&E system. This matrix lists how data will be collected, when, by whom and where.
The M&E plan is an overall framework describing the the implementation of the M&E matrix. It entails e.g.
- Purpose and scope
- Revised logical framework, plus performance questions, indicators, information needs and sources.
- Management information system and reporting.
- The M&E work plan (processes and events) and timing of activities
- Systems, procedures and tools for Implementation (organisation)
- Actions, timing and responsibilities for implementation (time and responsibility charts)
- Establishing conditions and capacities.
- The M&E budget.